Stephen has 19 years of general management experience including 10 years in IT project management and strategic analysis. He is currently a management consultant where he manages numerous cross functional, integrated and virtual teams for web development, application development and data management projects. Previously, he was a senior manager in a $150 million legacy IT/machine system replacement in a NYC government agency that spanned from the executive offices down to the warehouses and installation sites, simultaneously creating a PMO while consolidating 2 departments and retraining all service technicians and operators. Prior to that he was in senior management roles at a pharma manufacturing consultancy, a technology startup and a hedge fund. Stephen is adept at influencing without authority, obtaining stakeholder buy-in, maximizing vendor/partner relationships and is equally comfortable in the boardroom developing strategy with C-levels as being hands-on in the field with technicians executing it. Holding an MBA, certified as a Project Management Professional, a Professional Scrum Master and in IT Infrastructure Library, he is proficient in waterfall as well as Agile methodologies (and tools) of project management – including planning/budgeting, implementation and controls. Stephen excels in problem solving at a strategic level, consistent excellence in execution, transformational leadership and relentless improvement.
Professional Summary and Skills
• Creative leader of specialized teams and technical projects, empowering, training and coaching others to achieve superlative results under extreme pressure & time constraints in rapidly evolving environments.
• Strategic thinker and change manager with an eye for the big picture and the ability to analyze data, identify problems, synthesize solutions and manage their implementation.
• Business development professional and veteran negotiator of multi-million $$$ deals, skilled at marketing and personally selling services and ideas.
• Experienced technology specialist and IT Services strategist adept in IT governance, process improvement, user experience design (UXD), search/social/internet media marketing, application development & data analytics.
• Economic & business policy advisor to government agencies, a leading business organization and former heads of state.
• Hedge Fund Manager and proprietary Forex trader with formal technical analysis training and proven experience in modeling, testing, executing various trading systems and utilizing best money management practices.
• Business Process & Organizational Transformation
• Project, Product & Operations Management
• Complex Negotiations with C-Suite Executives
• Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills
• Relationship Management (CRM, BRM, ERM)
• Executive Leadership & Decision Making
• Risk Management & SWOT Analysis
• Data Visualization & Analysis
• SDLC and Project Life Cycles
• Finding Sustainable Competitive Advantages
• Training Curriculum Design, Development & Delivery
• Policies & Procedures Compliance
• Adaptive (Agile) Development & IT Implementation
PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP)
Charitable, Civic and Social Organizations